Christmas at Disney Parks around the World
Disney Parks around the world are magical at Christmas time. The parks light up with gorgeous decorations, huge Christmas trees, magical events, delicious food, and special features. While all of the parks have similar experiences in typical Disney fashion, every Disney Park has its own unique celebrations at Christmas.
Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida
Disney World is the largest of all the Disney Parks with 4 separate theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.The property also includes a shopping and entertainment area called Disney Springs, a huge number of hotels, two water parks, and plenty of golfing. Disney World Resort is the most magical place to be anytime of year, especially during the holiday season.
The largest Disney park also includes the most intensive holiday celebrations, the highlight of which is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in Magic Kingdom. Another highlight is Epcot's Festival of the Holidays, which allows you to enjoy festive food from all over the world. All of the parks and hotels have tons of decorations, special entertainment, and food just waiting for you to enjoy it. Check out the complete list of everything the resort has to offer:
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - a special ticketed event for the whole family that takes place select nights throughout the season
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Show - a seasonal show you can catch from anywhere in the park when you attend the party.
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Presented by AdventHealth - Travel around the world through holiday foods!
- Candlelight Processional - A nightly show that tells the story of Christmas with a choir, an orchestra, and a celebrity narrator.
- Christmas at Pongu Pongu - Celebrate the holidays in Pandora!
- Discovery Island Entertainment - arctic animals and rooftop luminaries help you get in the holiday spirit
- Tree of Life Awakenings - A seasonal show that takes place at the Tree of Life
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! - a nightly show that includes fireworks, music, and more
- Sunset Seasons Greetings - falling snow and other effects on Sunset Boulevard.
- Holidays in Toy Story Land - Celebrate the holidays with your favorite toys
- Specialty treats and meals throughout the parks
- Beautiful decorations in all the hotels
- Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs
Disneyland, Anaheim, California
Disney's original theme park is still a must-visit if you're a Disney fan, especially over the holidays! It is home to two main parks: Disneyland Park, and Disney California Adventure Park. It is also home to Downtown Disney and 3 official Disney hotels.
There are so many great ways to celebrate Christmas with a visit to Anaheim. The parks and hotels are all lit up with decorations and Christmas trees everywhere you look. Parades and shows insure that you will never run out of entertainment, plus a couple of the rides in the park have special holiday editions. One of the highlights of the holiday celebration is the Disney Festival of Holidays, which lets you try holiday foods from all over the world in California Adventure. Here is a complete list of all the holiday offerings at Disneyland Resort:
- Sleeping Beauty's castle is lit up for the holidays.
- The entire resort is lit up with enchanting Christmas cheer.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade - join Santa and Disney characters for a daily parade
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks - a seasonal fireworks show in Disneyland.
- “it’s a small world” Holiday Lighting - a special holiday overlay of the classic ride.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday - the darkest ride gets a cheery holiday makeover.
- Disney Festival of Holidays - A celebration of the holidays around the world at Disney California Adventure.
- World of Color - Season of Life - a nighttime spectacular that happens each nigh in California Adventure.
- Buena Vista Street Holiday Tree Lighting each night
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl - a holiday version of Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
- Mater's Jingle Jamboree - a holiday version of Mater's ride.
Christmas at Disneyland Paris, France
Paris is home to two Disney Parks: Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Park. The property is also home to a shopping entertainment center called Disney Village, 8 official Disney hotels, and several other partner hotels. Christmas at Disneyland Paris is enchanting and as magical as you'd expect any Disney visit to be. From November 9th through December 31st, the whole property transforms into a Christmas themed land full of holiday entertainment.
Like at all of Disney's parks Christmas entertainment here includes a special parade, several shows throughout the parks, and decorations all over the property. Christmas here is different then other Disney parks because the weather is more often in line with what most people consider Christmas weather. This is the only Disney park where you might see real snow on Christmas! Complete details of how Christmas is celebrated at Disneyland Paris are listed below:
- The park lights up with Christmas decorations featuring a 24 meter tall tree in the middle of Main Street.
- Mickey's Magical Christmas Lights starts nightly with a tree lighting ceremony.
- Lots of Christmas Trees in the restaurants and hotels
- Find characters decked out for Christmas throughout the park.
- Disneyland Paris Christmas Parade is a traditional parade twice daily down snowy Main Street.
- Mickey’s Magical Christmas Light - A sing-along show in Town Square complete with a daily tree lighting.
- On the Royal Castle Stage, A Fairy Tale Waltz with Disney Princesses happens every day featuring the largest gathering of Disney royal couples.
- The Mickey's Christmas Big Band show at the Animagique Theater in Walt Disney Studios Park features jazz rhythms and a drum solo by Mickey Mouse.
- Special Christmas celebrations in Disney Village including a traditional Christmas market.
- #SurpriseMickey show is a family favorite with new surprises every day.
Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, Japan
There are two Disney Parks in Tokyo: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. The property is also home to 4 Disney Hotels and many other partner hotels. Since Christmas is not a religious holiday in Japan, at Disney it's celebrated differently than the previous parks. Christmas in Japan is celebrated more as a secular holiday and is a time for people to get out and have fun, find romance, and go to Disneyland! Date night is huge at the parks so expect to see lots of couples and romance. The locals dress up this time of year at Disneyland.
In the parks you will find themed shows, a parade, beautiful holiday themed decorations, and special holiday versions of a few of the attractions. Tokyo is also one of the best parks of visit during the holidays from a price perspective. All of the holiday entertainment is included in the price of admission, which is much lower than many of the other parks. Full details of the holiday entertainment is listed below.
- World Bazaar is lit up with a Christmas tree at its center.
- Holiday decorations in each themed land are perfect for pictures.
- Disney Christmas Stories Parade - runs twice daily and features elaborate character costumes, great music, and lots of fun.
- About 15 types of special holiday menu items beginning November 1st
- Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare - completely transformed for Halloween and Christmas
- Jingle Bell Jamboree - the Country Bear Jamboree's special Christmas show.
- “It’s Christmas Time!” - a revue presented at Mediterranean Harbor in Disney Tokyo Sea featuring Disney characters and lots of dancing.
- In the evening, the Colors of Christmas show takes place at Mediterranean Harbor featuring Disney Characters and floating illuminated trees.
- The Christmas fireworks at Tokyo DisneySea are called Starbright Christmas, and they are a joint fireworks show for both parks.
Hong Kong Disneyland, China
Disneyland Hong Kong is home to one park, 3 official Disney hotels, and a recreation area called Inspiration Lake Recreation Centre where you can explore nature. The resort offers a great deal for a two day visit, so many people spend two days in the park and there is plenty to do within those days. Christmas is a great time to visit Hong Kong! It isn't a major religious holiday, but it is still celebrated, so the crowds at Disney are nowhere near the level of the American parks, but they are still very festive!
Special Christmas activities within the park include amazing decorations, several special shows, and activities in the park and the hotels. There's tons of delicious holiday food only available at this time of year! Check out the complete list of everything Hong Kong Disneyland has to offer below.
- A tall Christmas tree on Main Street.
- A Magical Snowfall Moment - Anna and Elsa are here to help get you in the spirit with falling snow at the Castle Hub Stage.
- Frozen Fantasy Gardens Village - A Frozen themed special village.
- Decorations throughout the parks and hotels.
- Mickey and Friends Christmastime Ball - a show that lets you sing and dance along with you favorite characters.
- “A Holiday Wish-Come-True” is the tree lighting ceremony that happens nightly.
- Tons of holiday-themed dining options with the characters!
- The day ends with another special show: A Holiday Kiss Goodnight
- Special activities happen throughout the resorts as well.
Shanghai Disneyland, China
At Shanghai Disneyland you will find one park, two official Disney hotels, an outdoor recreation area called Wishing Star Park, and a shopping and entertainment district called Disneytown. Disney's newest part has only been open since 2016, and many of its holiday traditions are still being developed. The website doesn't have official celebrations listed, but here are some of the celebrations they've had in the past:
- Wishing Star Skating Rink - a skating rink in Disneytown.
- “When We’re Together” Tree Lighting Ceremony
- “Mickey Avenue Winter Wonderland” show - a show featuring Mickey and his friends as well as falling snow.
- “Happy Holidays Mickey!” musical performance - a morning character show
- “Christmas Swing” - a Shanghai Jazz style show.
- Decorations across the resort.