The world’s beaches are some of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring places on Earth. And celebrating the beaches is a way to remind us to get to the beach and appreciate this precious natural place.
How to Celebrate World Beach Month
Participate in a beach clean up
Take a walk
Build a sandcastle
Watch a sunset
Have a picnic
Play in the surf
Learn how to surf
Find a pet beach and play with your dog
Meet friends and enjoy time hanging out on the shore
Go alone and enjoy some peace and tranquility
How to Take Care of the Beaches
We all have a responsibility to take care of these precious natural resources. Here are a few tips for enjoying world beach month responsibly:
1. Always clean up after yourself. This includes taking your trash with you when you leave and picking up any trash that others have left behind.
2. Be respectful of other beachgoers. Keep noise levels down and be mindful of others who might want to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.
3. Don’t disturb the wildlife. Many creatures make their homes on or near beaches, so please be careful not to step on them or scare them away.
4. Protect the environment. Use biodegradable sunscreen and avoid using any products that might harm the sand, water, or coral reef.
5. Be a responsible swimmer. Only swim in designated areas and be aware of the potential dangers of rip currents.
By following these simple tips, we can all help to protect the world’s beaches—and ensure that they’re around for future generations to enjoy. So get out there and have fun, but remember to do your part in keeping our beaches clean and safe.
About World Beach Month
World Beach Month was started by Patti Jewel to bring awareness and appreciation for the beaches and the health of the shorelines and wildlife. September is the month to get to the beach and to learn, protect, celebrate and enjoy!