Go Shelling Day is all about getting to the beach and enjoying the search for beach shells.
Shelling on the beach can be a fun and relaxing activity. Not only is it a great way to spend time with friends and family, but it's also a great opportunity to find and collect shells. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced shell collector, there are a few things you should keep in mind when going shelling.
Here are a few tips when you Go Shelling
1. Look for shells in areas where there is little or no wave action. The best place to find shells is in the sand near the water's edge, where they have been deposited by the waves.
2. Use a small handheld rake or spade to dig for shells. This will help you avoid damaging the shells.
3. Be careful not to step on or damage any shells you find. Some shells are very fragile and can easily be broken.
4. Once you've collected a few shells, bring them home and wash them off. This will help remove any sand or debris that may be clinging to them.
5. Once they're clean, you can display your shells in a variety of ways. You can create a shell collage, string them together to make a shell necklace, or simply put them in a jar or vase to admire.
Shell collecting is a fun and rewarding activity that anyone can enjoy. So next time you're at the beach, be sure to keep an eye out for shells!