Celebrate Eat Outside Day by finding a beautiful spot and enjoying a meal with friends or family. This day is a reminder of how awesome it is to eat outside and enjoy the outdoors while enjoying a meal.
How to Celebrate Eat Outside Day
Plan a meal outside and prepare good foods to take with you. You'll want to have things that are easy to eat and won't spoil in the heat. Some of our favorites include sandwiches, salads, fruits, and desserts. And don't forget the drinks. Have plenty of water and maybe a few cold beers or sodas for those hot summer days.
1. Barbecue: Grill up some good foods like chicken, ribs, steak and throw some veggies on the grill like corn, asparagus, and peppers.
2. Sandwiches: There are endless possibilities when it comes to sandwiches, so choose whatever you and your picnic companions like best. Try a classic PB&J, ham and cheese, or turkey and avocado. Just be sure to pack them in a cooler or insulated bag so they don't get warm.
3. Salads: A picnic is the perfect opportunity to enjoy a delicious salad. Try a simple green salad, pasta salad, or even a fruit salad. Just be sure to pack dressing on the side so it doesn't get soggy.
4. Fruits: Fresh fruits are always a good choice for outdoor eating. They're healthy, easy to eat, and won't spoil in the heat. Bring a variety of fruits so everyone can find something they like. Watermelon is a great choice, or make fruit kabobs.
5. Desserts: No outdoor meal is complete without a sweet treat. Bring cookies, brownies, or even some fruit for a healthy option.
6. Drinks: Don't forget to have plenty of drinks for your outdoor meal. Water is a must, but you might also want to have some cold beers or sodas. Just be sure to keep them in a cooler so they don't get warm.
Now that you have a list of good foods to plan your outdoor meal, fire up the grill, pack up the picnic basket, and get ready to enjoy some delicious food in the great outdoors!
What are your favorite dishes to enjoy on Eat Outside Day?