Mac & Cheese is a classic comfort food that is loved by people of all ages. Celebrate this yummy combination of foods on July 14th!
How to Celebrate Mac & Cheese Day
Make some mac & cheese!
1. Choose the right type of cheese. The most common cheeses used in Mac & Cheese are cheddar, mozzarella, and American. But feel free to experiment with other types of cheese, such as Swiss, Gruyere, or even goat cheese.
2. Use good quality pasta. For the best texture, use a short pasta such as elbow macaroni or shells.
3. Cook the pasta al dente. This means that the pasta should be cooked just until it is tender, but still has a bit of bite to it.
4. Make a roux. A roux is a mixture of flour and fat (usually butter) that is used to thicken sauces and gravies. To make a roux, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Then, add the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the milk. Slowly add the milk to the roux, whisking constantly until it is fully incorporated.
6. Add the cheese. Add the cheese to the sauce and stir until it is melted.
7. Add the pasta. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir until it is fully coated.
8. Serve immediately. Mac & Cheese is best served hot and fresh out of the pot.
There are endless variations on the classic Mac & Cheese recipe:
1. Mac & Cheese with Bacon: Add some chopped bacon to the sauce for a smoky flavor.
2. Mac & Cheese with Broccoli: Add some chopped broccoli to the pasta for a healthy twist.
3. Mac & Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce for a little sweetness.
4. Mac & Cheese with Lobster: Add some cooked lobster meat to the pasta for a luxurious dish.
5. Mac & Cheese with Truffles: Add some shaved truffles to the sauce for an earthy flavor.
No matter how you make it, Mac & Cheese is always a delicious and satisfying meal. So, grab a pot and get cooking! And don't forget to celebrate National Mac & Cheese Day on July 14th.