World Listening Day is the day to take some time out of your day to listen to the people around you. Really Listen. Listen with an open mind and heart, and be willing to learn from what others have to say.
How to be a good listener
Being a good listener is key to maintaining healthy relationships. When you listen to someone with empathy and understanding, you are showing that you care about them and that you respect their opinion. Here are a few tips for being a good listener:
1. Make eye contact and focus on the person who is speaking.
2. Don't interrupt or judge. Let the person finish what they're saying.
3. Try to understand where the person is coming from. Put yourself in their shoes.
4. Respond with your own thoughts and feelings.
5. Don't dominate the conversation. Allow for give-and-take.
Listening is an important skill in all aspects of life. By practicing active listening, you can improve your relationships and communication with others.