Iced Tea Day celebrates one of the most classic and beloved drinks in America. Iced tea has been around in America since at least the 1800s, when it was not all that commonly consumed. It grew in popularity very quickly, however, in the American south, especially when sweetened with sugar or syrups. Many people consider iced tea to be an essential summer treat, so the middle of June is the perfect time for it to be celebrated.
There are many different ways to enjoy iced tea, from classic sweetened black tea to fruity flavors and everything in between. Be sure to mark Iced Tea Day on your calendar and enjoy a refreshing glass of iced tea to celebrate!
How to Celebrate Iced Tea Day
- Make a pitcher of your favorite iced tea recipe and share it with friends or family.
- Visit a local café or restaurant that specializes in iced tea and try something new.
- Host an iced tea party and serve a variety of flavors and toppings for guests to enjoy.
- Educate others about iced tea and its many benefits, including its antioxidants and hydrating properties.
- Give the gift of iced tea by sending a friend or loved one a care package with their favorite tea bags, sweeteners, and other fixings.
No matter how you choose to celebrate Iced Tea Day, take some time to enjoy this delicious drink and all it has to offer!